Friday, July 16, 2010

Ill with want and poisoned by this ugly greed




I am in love with
The Avett Brothers.

The first I had heard of them was a couple years ago when I stumbled upon this live video of theirs for 'The Ballad of Love and Hate' off of Emotionalism.


How could you not fall in love? This video is the definition of pure passion. Props to the college film crew who shot it. When I first found it, I probably watched a dozen times in one sitting.

Immediately I aquired most of their collection. Emotionalism (2007) and their most recent I and Love and You (2009) are easy top favorites, with A Carolina Jubilee (2003) being a nice change of pace from the style they've now grown into.

The band is made up of (sometime) bearded brothers Scott and Seth Avett, Bob Crawford, and Joe Kwon (who joins them on tour). Download. Go to shows. Support! They're amazing.




(Post title from 'Ill With Want' - Emotionalism)

No comments: